Friday, July 24, 2009

Run, Fat Girl, Run.

I just ran four miles.

Yeah. Four miles, kids.

It's day two of the route I've been taking down John Nolan around the Lakeside and back. Yesterday, I gained this moment of clarity where I realized that life doesn't happen by wishing and hoping. I'm never going to get healthy if I sit on my ass and cry about it. I'm never going to lose weight if I whine and go scrounging through the fridge again. So I laced up my shoes and just started running. If anything hurts the most, it's my lungs, definitely. I think I've finally gained the impetus to stop smoking completely. But day two was a lot easier than day one, and hopefully it only gets better. I know I'll have my hard days, but doing this feels so much more productive than just worrying about myself. Another cool thing- I was sweating. Honestly, I haven't sweat like this in a long time, and it feels awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers