Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My menstrual cycle is 42 days long.

Now you before you shriek "EWW! GROSS!" . . . stop.

I am a fucking anomaly.

In all honesty, you should be delivering tropical fruit baskets and bestowing coconut milk offerings while fanning me with palm leaves.

No, it's not that I had my period for for 42 days, you gross perv. I didn't get my period for 42 days. On day 38 I started crying and lost my shit. I had full knowledge of the fact that I am not pregnant. Day 39 I even took a test and was backed up on this. There are just certain cycles in the world that just shouldn't be fucked with. There's the lunar cycle, the span of a week, the amount of time it takes to microwave a bag of popcorn. But the second Mother Nature tries to butt in on a woman's menstrual cycle when she is not pregnant, it's officially legal and socially acceptable to let heads roll (men might not know this). Hell, they almost did, by my water-retention-affected-so-my-rings-don't-fit hand. But I kept on keepin' on. You wanna know why?

Because I'm a professional woman*.




*A consummate professional who is slamming the door on that IUD shit and going back on the pill to regulate this physiological anarchy and make sure it never happens again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers