Saturday, May 22, 2010

Relief

It's 1:45am and I'm waiting on a load of laundry to dry so I can go to sleep. It's Saturday night, and I spent this evening washing load after load, and eating half of a pizza in between. Sounds dismal, I know.

But I really enjoyed it.

I don't work at The Local anymore. I'm pretty happy about that. For a while, I kept putting off asking myself what I would do when I wasn't staying up until 3:30 in the morning working my ass off. I was making quite a bit of money and spending it all in frivilous ways. I wasn't focusing that well on school or my life path - or what I thought was my life path, since it all revolved around drinking and working 30 hours a week in a bar.

I'm cocktailing at Genna's Cocktail Lounge now. It's good hours, and by good, I mean better - at the very latest I'll get home at 1am. I got another job serving at a restaurant that's opening up soon off the square, so that'll be nice in that I can go to bed by 11pm. I'm finally going to live like a normal human being and have a normal sleep schedule. It feels surreal.

Money is kinda tight now, but I only consider it that way because I was blowing all my hard earned money before on clothes and going out to eat every day. After folding all of this laundry, I realized how much shit I have that I don't need. I'm gonna sell a lot of it. I'm gonna simplify. And move forward.

I just feel so much better about my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers