Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Peace

Teddy signed a lease for a new apartment recently, so I've been helping him get set up with all the little things. For instance, it is very important to have a complete spice collection in the kitchen, and I know for a fact that if I weren't there to remind him, he'd never buy Qtips. Or dish soap. Or garbage bags. You get it.

So, it's on the east side, which is a bit of a hike from my place downtown. I could easily bike there if I weren't afraid of my bike being stolen. It's not a bad neighborhood, per se, though there is an adult toy store a block away. It does have covered off-street parking, though! And heat is included! And two bedrooms! And laundry in the building! (Let's focus on positives here to off-set the adult toy store thing.)

Anyway, spending some time there has been good for me. It's unbelievable how living downtown just gets to me sometimes. There's just way too much stimulus and my mental filter malfunctions. And have I ever mentioned that I'm 80% sure that I suffer from Agoraphobia? I just like being at home, being safe, being unbothered. Give me a good book and some knitting and I'm fine. I feel peaceful right now (though I am dreading going in to work tonight).

I think that if I just make sure that I'm giving myself some time to reflect and be alone, I'll be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers